Thank you for all of your congratulations on my last post. It was a pretty exciting weekend for sure!
I'm still exhausted. I haven't called my primary care doctor yet. I'm hoping that it will get better soon. But that's another post all together.
We're still waiting on the testing results from the d&c. I emailed my CC.RM nurse and asked her abotu supplements. I was thinking that it wouldn't hurt to ask. She gave me the list of "poor responder supplement list" and told me that it wouldn't hurt to take them. It's a long list and I did a quick search at Amazon. Just wondering if any of you have take the supplements and have any suggestions as to where to get them or anything else I should know.
This doesn't mean that I'm really thinking about cycling.... I just needed to feel like I was doing SOMETHING. I'm thinking that improving my eggs can't be all bad, right?
~~~~~~~~
Thanks for all of the comments so far. I am not going to list the supplements list from CC.RM but I do have some questions for any of you who have taken the protocol. I've sent an email to my fabulous nurse, but I think she is off until Sunday at this point. Is there a kind soul who would be willing to send me an email at puzzleblog (at) me (dot) com and answer some questions I have?
Thanks!
Have you ever done acupuncture? I've gone for a variety of reasons, including sleep, and it helped me a lot. ((hugs)) I've been thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteI was told to take extra Vit D as a separate supplement to the prenatals when I was trying to get pregnant.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried acupuncture? I've done it for various reasons, including sleep, and it has worked well for me. ((hugs)) I've been thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteThat's EXACTLY what I was going to suggest! I also found acupuncture to help me and guided relaxation via hypnosis if that doesn't sound to hokey. Good luck!
DeleteI took the supplements on the CCRM list last year - and I think they made a tremendous difference in my egg quality when I was cycling. I purchased them at various spots online and local shops - just looked for the best pricing. All in all, I think it cost me about $80/month to take all the supplements (but I think I added a couple of additional ones on to the list that I had heard about and CCRM approved of).
ReplyDeleteI also supplemented with weekly acupuncture for 7 months and that probably contributed to success too. Even if you are not thinking about cycling, I don't think it can hurt to try and improve egg quality....
The 3 supplements to try IMO, are Vitamin D, coenzyme Q10 and DHEA.
ReplyDeleteAround 90 % of women with a diagnosis of infertility are found to be vitamin D deficient, and really need to take high doses to acheive normal blood levels. Being Vitamin D replete is something really easy to do, but may be vitally important--my blog has huge sections dedicated to this.
Coenzyme Q10 seems be be really useful, anecdotally, it has helped a lot of women who have had miscarriages.
DHEA is supposed to reduce aneuploidy, and is recommended for women with a low ovarian reserve.
Acupuncture helps.
I don't know what else is on that list, but as a scientist, I'm convinced the 4 things above definitely have some value.
Best of luck!
hey patience - i think i've taken the ccrm poor responder supps and am happy to email with you. i'm at moandwill@gmail.com. curious too if they've updated the supps and quantities since i took them.
ReplyDeleteThe list is a lot, isn't it?! Just 1 mg melatonin gives me headaches. I think you just do what you can tolerate and hope for the best! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you. I'm so very, very sorry your journey has been so fraught with pain. So long. It isn't fair. As far as supplements go, I take them all. Feel free to email me, if you like. I also am going to post about the supplements I take, why I take them, and try to link the medical literature to the post. It is just so hard to track down good information amidst all the internet sludge. Thinking of you, K.
ReplyDelete