Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflections on my 2010 Intentions

That's a mouthful, isn't it?

A few years ago, I stopped making resolutions and instead making intentions.  I think I got the idea from Ali Edwards (a scrabooking icon for those of you who don't know her).  Last January I made 5 intentions.  You can see the original post here  Let's see how I did...

1.  Be hopeful. 
I think I honored this for most of the year.  I had some low points, especially after our BFN in February.  The miscarriage in October stole what was left of my hope, but I think I truly had hope for most of the year.  With that hope came a great deal of pain, but I really don't regret letting hope in.  I am sure I will let it seep back into my life this year in time.

2.  Live a more healthy life
Big failure here.  I had good intentions at times, but I really focused my energy on getting pregnant. This is also something that I intend to work on in 2011.

3.  Organize my home and classroom
I would give myself a C+ in this area.  In the recent weeks, I've done lots of organizing here at home, but my classroom is another story.  The pregnancy and miscarriage this fall just really took lots out of my ambitions when it came to being organized.  Either I was on a lifting restriction, or just didn't have motivation.  Another one to continue into 2011.

4.  Continue to put my Marriage first
 I really worked on this in 2010.  I feel like we really are in a good place.  It's amazing what the heartbreak of failed cycles and a miscarriage can do for a marriage- both good and bad.  Taking the trip to St. Lucia was also key in this department.  We've also taken the step back from family and really huddled into our nuclear family of two.  This feels right at the moment.  Hoping the strong foundation of this year will help us as we go into 2011.

5. READ & CREATE 
Yep, this one is a big failure too.  I did read more with my various bedrests and recent vacation, but not what I used to do.  The storm also took out my studio for almost half of 2010, so that kept me from being as creative as I would have liked.  Another area to continue on.

So that's the run down.  I have some thoughts about 2011, and many of the above will continue.

2010 was all about getting pregnant.

2011 will be about becoming parents through adoption.

Tomorrow is our first homestudy visit.  I am as ready as can be.  Chris is a little annoyed with all of my "fretting" about things.  He simply said to me, "Why wouldn't we be approved?"  Of course he knows exactly what I need to hear.  Will post more after our visit tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow!! I agree with Chris, why wouldn't they love you? Just be yourselves, and I'm sure they will see how wonderful you'll be as a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your home study! rooting for you-
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about your visit tomorrow - I agree with Chris too!
    And I hope you don't beat yourself up too much about not meeting your intentions. Focusing on having a baby is incredibly draining and time-consuming. And I know you'll finally get it done this year and then all those other things will seem less important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to read about your homestudy visit. I will be thinking of you. And as for 2010 intentions, it sounds to me like you had a lot of surviving to do, which left less energy for thriving. This year, I am hoping you can channel more of your energy towards taking care of yourself and what you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Go Patience! You've got that home study in the bag. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Chris--of course you will be approved!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD LUCK tomorrow, I know you and Chris will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tomorrow! Praying all goes well and can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck, anxious to hear about it! We meet with our social worker for the first time on Thursday! We got finger printed tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wishing you so much luck with this home study!!! Here to hold your hand every step of the way....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your home study is going swimmingly today!!!!!!! Sending you my best good luck vibes, but I'm certain from all the heart and soul you've put out into blogland, you have nothing to worry about. I hope 2011 will be your year!

    ReplyDelete