Today is the first day of December's ICLW. Welcome if you are coming to my blog for the first time.
Our story is long and involved. You can find the cliff notes version on the top tab marked timeline. You can also see my previous ICLW welcome posts here, here, and here too. The really short version is that we've been trying to have a baby for more than 10 years. We got really close this fall, but sadly had an early miscarriage in October after an FET from our 4th IVF cycle.
We are moving on to adoption at this point and have our first home study visit on January 4th. My heart still yearns to cycle one more time, but DH is not on board with that plan right now. Our hearts have always been pulled to adoption, and we also have a failed adoption in our past. We are looking forward to finally having our "missing piece" through the miracle of adoption.
I am also a teacher and am still in school until Wednesday. It's a little crazy at a middle school in the days before winter break, so I may not be able to post as much as I had hoped to. I am also a creative nerd and am working to finish a few last minute Christmas gifts. I plan to share photos of my creations after they have been given as gifts.
Enough rambling for now... Happy ICLW!
I feel your pain on the miscarriage but YAY for moving forward with adoption again! I hope and pray this time, the baby is your forever baby. It doesn't matter if the baby comes from your dna, you have so much love ... and your baby will find you! {{HUGS}}
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
I hope your first homestudy visit goes well and I hope, hope, HOPE 2011 is the year you get to experience motherhood.
ReplyDelete~Happy ICLW~
#14 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
~May your Christmas be filled with Peace~
~And your New Year with Hope~
January 4th will be a big day for both of us. You will have your home study, and I will have our evaluation with the psychologist before the egg donation. I will be thinking of you on that day, Patience.
ReplyDeleteYou've gone through so much and I'm wishing you peace and rest. If you need help with your profile, please reach out and ask for help - with all the people out there in blogosphere, I'm sure you can find the guidance you need.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Wow! Im so sorry your going through this, but this is definitely exciting about the adoption! Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you have had such a rough road.
ReplyDeleteI wish you happiness and joy in 2011!
Good luck with your home visit!!
ICLW #50
I hope your homestudy goes well and that you finally get your baby. I want to wish you lots of luck in the upcoming months. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI'm very sorry for all of your losses over the years. New to your blog from ICLW. I hope your homestudy goes very well and that this adoption will go smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI thought I was crazy for still TTC after 8 years so I'm impressed with your determination. We are, also, starting the adoption process next month. I'm not sure if I will ever get over the one more try - and I haven't yet because we will be going to a new RE next month as well. Best of luck to you. I hope 2011 brings your missing piece. ICLW
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your adoption journey. I am an adoptive mom to a 3 year old boy. Have a merry christmas.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Wishing for a smooth adoption journey for you this time! We have a failed adoption in our past as well and 7 years of TTC behind us. Best of luck in 2011!
ReplyDeleteICLW #92
Not new to the blog, but wanted to say Happy ICLW :) I think I've said it before, but congratulations on deciding to move on to adoption. Even though its not our hearts greatest wish sometimes, I think its important to remember that this is a big stepping stone to having a baby. So I always think congrats are in order when this is route someone decides to go. You are that much closer to having your child. Sending you prayers and best wishes, as always.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping that the long, tough road you've been on is about to lead you to the baby you so deserve! Happy ICLW!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like this has been a very hard year for you. I hope you are able to take some time for yourself over the holiday break and I hope that 2011 brings you happiness. Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for everything that you have been through. Jan 4 is right around the corner. I am a teacher also.
ReplyDeleteICLW #95
wow, ten years is such a long determined time. Good luck with the adoption, if you pursue it with the same determination as the TTC, it will happen no doubt!
ReplyDeleteICLW 32
Oh my goodness, ten years? And how many IVFs? I hope the adoption process goes so much smoother!
ReplyDelete~Jem (ICLW #5)
http://ambivalentwomb.blogspot.com/