Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

November ICLW

Welcome to my little piece of the blogosphere.

Our story is long and treacherous, but we are hopeful we will someday find our missing piece. We've recently started down the path of domestic adoption after more than 10 years of infertility. After 4 fresh IVF cycles and 3 FETs, we finally got our positive only to miscarry at 5w4d last month. We're still healing and will finally have our WTF appointment with our RE on Tuesday. We are hoping to get some closure or at least some answers with this appointment.

We've also been dealing with repairs to our home from a storm in June. We are hoping that everything will be done this week. It's been a long process, but we've improved our home and are excited to put in all of the finishing touches. I am a creative person and have been without my studio for the last 5 months. I am just moving back in this weekend and excited to have my space back.

I am so grateful for the blogging community. It's been a tough year, and I have made some close "virtual" friends through it all. Knowing that I am not alone has allowed me to get through some of the toughest days.

I love comments and try hard to return the blog love.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. i hope that you get some answers on tuesday. i understand the pain, anguish and utter devastation that comes along with a m/c and losing something that was so desperately wanted. the world seems like such an unfair place some (most) times.

    oh exciting to have your studio back after five months..you must have been going crazy without it! i'm sorry that it was taken from you via a storm, but hope that it means new beginnings...and sometimes there's nothing better than a bit of an upgrade, shopping and decorating to lift ones spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are starting to consider domestic adoption but I feel we need to "mourn" the situation first. I have been finding inspiration by ready your story so thank you for sharing! I wish you nothing but the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW <3 I am so sorry that after 10 years you had to face miscarriage. It is not an easy thing. I myself had two within 6 months.I wish you all the best on your journey through adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patience - Here from ICLW :) So sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you and your angel. Congratulations though on your decision to move forward with adoption! I'll be back to read about your journey with adoption and your impending happiness with a new child. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read about your loss. After so many years and so many failed attempts it must be devastating. I hope your doctor is able to provide some reasoning. Congratulations on moving forward with domestic adoption! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your recent mc.
    Congrats on the recent adoption application, though! I'll be following your progress as we are also considering adoption.

    Happy ICLW.
    :) Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about your recent heartbreak! I really hope that your appt does give you the closure you need to be able to wholeheartedly jump into adoption. And if not, that's okay too...one step at time. Sometimes I feel like I've got my 2 feet in 2 different directions - one towards adoption and one towards more fert txs. But ultimately, its the same direction of getting that baby into your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm here from ICLW, and thanks for your comment on my blog.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage. What a tragedy. But it sounds like you are moving forward towards parenthood through adoption--what a hopeful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so sorry about your recent m/c. And, all of the trials you've gone through on your path. Good luck with the adoption application and your next steps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I totally agree with you about the support of the blogger world and "friends," I couldn't have made it through the last 6 years without this outlet! Good luck with your next steps. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    ~Michelle
    ICLW
    http://mmproper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete