Today's u/s was probably the longest one I've ever had. To the point that my legs started to have muscle spasms. The tech was trying to be very thorough. I like this tech the best and he is always kind and likes to joke to break the tension.
The news wasn't the update we were hoping for. The SCH has grown and is approximately 6 cm long. The gestational sac is still abnormally shaped and is only measuring 6w3d. We were at 6w1d last Monday, so not the growth we were hoping for. The heartbeat was only 92- so well below what we would hope for this point.
We met with another one of the partners at the OB office. I really liked him. He was kind and took the time to sit and answer all of our questions. He apologized that he didn't have more clear answers for us. He told us its really a wait and see and the good news is that there is a heartbeat and that we saw growth. The challenges are the abnormal shape of the sac, the size of the SCH, and the slow growth/heartbeat.
After talking with him, we decided that I will go back to work tomorrow. I haven't had a red bleed for more than a week and staying on bed rest didn't get us a smaller SCH. I'm going to take it easy and try to stay off my feet as much as possible. If I start having red bleeding, I'll come back home and we'll go from there. I am planning to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to pack and prepare for going back to work. Trying to pack enough snacks and a change of clothes...just in case.
We talked with him about the possibility of having to go to Florida. He said he wasn't concerned about the flight itself, but being away from medical care. He said he wouldn't say not to go and suggested that I call if we get THE call and get an u/s before I go.
Chris and I have decided we're going to fight and not give up just yet. We still have a heartbeat and what appears to be a fighter little bean. That's all we can do at this point. It's going to hurt like hell to lost this fight, but we have to give it all we've got.
We go back for a repeat u/s on Friday when our OB is in the office. We should hear something about the adoption by then too. It's going to be a really long week.
No kidding, a long week indeed. Limbo continues on all fronts, and geez, do I hate limbo, especially for you. Take it as easy as you can back at work, and please keep us posted. hugs.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get some more clear answers Friday. I've been thinking of you. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you didn't get more positive news. :(
DeleteOh goodness...wishing you strength to get through this crazy week. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteOh Patience, I'm so sorry about the lagging growth and slow heartbeat. I was so hoping you'd go in and find really good news. Hugs to you and Chris.
ReplyDeleteWow, you have so much on your plate. I'm praying for a positive outcome on both sides. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeletePatience - Sorry to hear that you didn't get the growth you hoped for. You and Chris have a good attitude about the situation. Stay strong and wait and see. I am praying for a good outcome on both fronts. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry there wasn't a clear-cut answer today and that you are still stuck in limboland. I hope that going back to work helps serve as a distraction so that the time until Friday passes more quickly. I think you're right to keep fighting and not give up yet. Thinking of you...
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
ReplyDeleteSorry that the news wasn't more conclusive if not more positive. next u/s on Friday sounds better than waiting another whole week and weekend.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my thoughts and still hoping for the best outcome.
New to your blog, I'm so, so sorry this is a rough, uncertain pregnancy so far, especially given your history this far. Keeping everything I've got crossed for you and the little bean.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, so sorry you have to go through so much uncertainty.
ReplyDeleteYou were on my mind, just wanted to stop by and see if there was an update. Hoping your u/s gave you clarity, let's be honest, I am hoping it was the good news your hears truly desire. And am on tenterhooks about this adoption situation for you also. What a crazy week. Blessings and peace to you xx
ReplyDelete