Seriously, if this wasn't happening to me I am not sure I would buy it.
I started bleeding last night about 9. It's heavier than spotting but not "saturating a pad in an hour" (warning... this is going to get TMI from here) There is very little on the liner but when I go to the bathroom, it "falls" out. It's about 1 tablespoon an hour. I was up just about every hour last night checking of course. There are really no clots and I am not having any real cramping. There are some twinges, but it somehow feels different.
Called the nurse this morning. As I knew, there is really nothing but wait and see. I already have an u/s scheduled for Monday. Wanted to make sure I was following the correct protocol so I don't get yelled at again. The nurse I talked to was very kind and tried to calm my nerves. She assured me that the fact there aren't clots and no pain is a good sign. But she also knows that red blood is never a good thing.
I don't know what to think. I've been here before. But last time I had large clots and passed tissue early on in the process. This time feels different... or do I just want it to be different?
Is it possible that the fibroid they saw could be causing this? Could it really be a hematoma of some sort? I've spent way too much time on Dr Goo.gle. Could taking extra progesterone at this point help? I was late taking my am dose yesterday. Could that have caused this?
Please let the bleeding stop. I am on bed rest until I go in on Monday. Of course Chris is at a meet all day today, so that means I am on my own. I am sure I could call friends to come bring me stuff- but my house is a disaster. Seriously.
I don't know what to think. Anyone have similar stories? I think I am just grasping at straws at this point.
Thank you for all of your words of support. I've read comments over and over.
~~~Update~~~
It is now later in the afternoon and the bleeding has returned to just spotting. It's only on the TP when I wipe. No clots, no pain... could this really end up ok?!
Still hanging out in bed. Let's hope things continue to look good.
I think the fact that it is getting lighter and you are not having cramping is really a good thing. It must be so hard to be waiting but I know stories that sound like yours and ended up ok. Taking your progesterone a bit late would not have made a difference, it builds up in your system, so your body wouldn't have even known it was late. Wishing you all the best, keep resting up and I hope the bleeding stops altogether soon.
ReplyDeleteJust rest up and wait until Monday for the u/s. Please stay in bed and even if you have to call friends to come and help and your house is a disaster, so what? Let's think about you right now :) I am really confident that they would understand.
ReplyDeleteI am thinking about you and keep checking on your status. I so cross my fingers for you.
Sending positive energy your way today!!!
Google can drive you nuts, can't it?! There's even a website called misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com that I visited during a pg/bleeding episode. All the ladies were pg, bleeding and trying to figure out what was up. It's just so early, and despite the appearance of blood, it can still be ok. Hope the time before your u/s goes by quickly and peacefully.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness such a roller coaster. I am hoping and praying for you. Please rest up and taking care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteDrink lots of water and rest. The mind and Google play lots oftricks on us. I am holding out hope that tomorrow US will be good news. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, and try to stay away from Dr. Goo.gle. :)
ReplyDeleteOh google is giving me grief trying to comment!
ReplyDeleteWhat I've TRIED to say is that I've seen lots of women with early bleeding and everything turns out just fine, so I am keeping you in THAT category :)
Oh geez. This is just an exercise in grating already frayed nerves. I wish this didn't have to be so excruciating for you, dear woman. I hope you can find moments of calm in this roller coaster of a weekend.
ReplyDeleteAs for stories of red bleeding that ended in healthy babies, I direct you to Roccie, who had a SCH and bled a lot. Look in her history around april, may, june of 2011.
http://roccieroad.blogspot.com/
I hope that the bleeding stops completely and that you have a positive u/s tomorrow. My thoughts are with you.
Yes, as crazy as it is to believe, this really could end up okay. With all of my other pregnancies that had bleeding, there were clots and it just kept getting heavier and heavier until there was no question it was over.
ReplyDeleteWith this pregnancy, it's sounding pretty much exactly like yours - started with a little bit when I wiped, was mostly bright red but almost no clots (there were one or two at various points), and it kept starting and stopping. I would bleed for about 24-36 hours, it would stop for 3 or 4 days, just when I thought I was in the clear, it would start again - it went on like that for 4 weeks, seriously.
There never was a definitive explanation for what caused my bleeding, but the ultrasound tech said if it's a small hematoma that's bled out, they wouldn't be able to see it on ultrasound. She said it's unusual for them to be able to see a hematoma unless it's pretty big and is bleeding slowly.
I think you're doing the right thing by staying off your feet and resting. Also, drink lots and lots of water to stay hydrated. (The uterus contracts more when you're dehydrated.)
I don't think being late taking your progesterone would cause this. I was on 3 progesterone suppositories a day and 1cc of PIO a day, so my P4 levels were very good, and yet the bleeding still happened.
I hope there is good news at the ultrasound tomorrow. Rooting for you...