So I am back from the regroup with the Doctor. I have mixed emotions right now. :)
First things, my estrogen is over 2000. YIKES! Originally they had me doing 75 Gonal F tonight and 1 menopur in the morning. After talking to the RE, he decided that I will coast tonight... just lupron tonight and then one amp of menopur in the morning. I expressed my concerns about immature eggs, and Dr S assured me that he is not concerned at this time as he will coast me rather than trigger early. I questioned the impact coasting has on egg quality, and I was told that as long as I don't coast 4 or more days there is no concern. My next concern is the date of my ER... Chris isnt supposed to be coming out until Tuesday. Dr S feels that the earliest my ER should be is Wednesday. That would mean that I would have to use a nurse to do my trigger shot. Chris is looking into changing his flight for Sunday night or Monday.
I asked Dr S if there were any "answers" that became apparent during our tests... he said the only thing he saw was PCOS... which I already knew. The only other option for answers is the testing that we plan to do with our embryos. It is also good that we are doing a freeze all since I would be at a high risk for OHSS with my estrogen as high as it is right now.
I also got some more information about what happens after ER. I will stop all medication except the antibiotic after the procedure. About 12 days later I should get my period. I can then start the Depot Lupron treatment for the Beta 3 Integrin protein right away. I asked about the "add back" that someone mentioned when taking lupron. I get horrible headaches on the lupron and have heard that they are BAD when on the 2 months of depot lupron. Dr S told me that there is another option for treatment- Letrozale I think. I need to do some research on that. It is also a shorter treatment. Wondering if I will be able to get a transfer in January. I am hearing that things are booking up quickly. I am going to ask my nurse about that on Monday.
Hoping to get some rest tonight. Didn't sleep well last night and I have a rotten headache still. Planning to veg out in front of the TV for the rest of the night. :)
I am so incredibly impressed and proud of you! Just reading all the medical speak makes my head spin. I do hope the other med option will be a good choice so that you won't have to suffer through even worse headaches. So happy that Chris will be there with you Sunday! Love ya :)
ReplyDelete