Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

July ICLW

I was not a good June ILCW girl.  I promise to make it up this month.  Last month we were at the Olympic Swimming Trials, so we were just a tad busy.  This time I am home and DH is crazy busy with swimming- this time closer to home.  I should have plenty of time to read and comment this time! :)

For those of you new here, Dh and I are infertility veterans... we've been at this for more than 12 years.  We've been through the motions of treatment- even at the best clinic in the country.  I'm a PCOS gal, but that is under control.  We're in the unexplained category officially.  For some unknown reason, my body decided to figure out how to get pregnant on its own in the last two years but can't seem to figure out holding onto to a pregnancy past 10 weeks.  We've had three miscarriages in the past 18 months.  You can see the nitty gritty on the timeline tab above.  We've closed the pregnancy chapter of our lives and are very excited about building our family through domestic infant adoption.

We are homestudy approved and waiting to be matched.  We've been an  active waiting family for just over 9 months or so.  We are using an attorney and are doing our own marketing.  It's been an adventure and we're learning as we go.  We've recently created a youtube video and started working with adoptimist.com 

I am a middle school teacher- but recently took a new position as a technology integration specialist for our middle school and elementary school.  I am very excited about this new position and the challenges it brings.  DH is a swim coach and we are VERY excited about the Olympics.  Chris actually coached one of the swimmers when he was in high school! 

I have a little card making venture that helps to offest our adoption marketing costs.  You can see my creations in the side bar or by clicking here.  I am a creative soul and my creative endeavors have kept me sane during our adventures with infertility. 


That's the cliff note version of my life...

Looking forward to ICLW this week!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment, Patience! It's nice to meet you. I cannot imagine the heartbreak that you and your husband have went through in the past 12 years. Cheering on you for and your adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW! I have been out of the ICLW loop for a while but hoping to be good this time round :)
    I am also counting down days to the Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW! Congrats on the new position!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ICLW! Congrats on the new job and hoping for a match soon....after 12 years, its time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy ICLW and thanks for stopping by! I cannot imagine how hard a journey you have been on, but hopefully it will be coming to a (fabulous) end soon. Wishing you lots of luck, and looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you! I wish you the best of luck on your adoption adventure! And I'm looking forward to checking out your cards...I LOVE sending cards to people! I'm not always great at getting them out, but the thought is always there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - here from ICLW! I just read through your timeline - wow, have you been through a lot! Here's to hoping you have a successful match very, very soon! All the best! P.S. I love scrapbooking & cardmaking, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another middle school teacher! It takes a certain kind of special to work in a middle school. :-)

    I love what you wrote about in the post above this. The adoption fund idea is amazing. I do hope you apply. It would be awesome if you were accepted! I'd totally support you!

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy ICLW! I can't believe all you've been through - what a strong couple you are! I'm so sorry for all of your losses. I checked out your Etsy shop and I really like those "thinking of you on Mother's Day" cards. I might have to snatch some of those up next Mother's Day for some of my IF sisters! In the meantime, I very much hope your adoption moves forward ASAP! I can imagine how difficult that wait must be. Hang in there and know that your miracle is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from ICLW! Just wanted to stop by and wish you the best of luck with domestic adoption! I, like you, am an avid crafter and it helps me during the more trying times of our journey. My big crafts are cross stitching, crocheting and (now) latch hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow what a difficult journey you have been through. I wish you the best of luck with being matched for adoption soon! how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you the best in your match process. Thinking fo you!

    An ICLW Visit from #63
    liddy @ the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, 1st 2ww)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new job. Also good luck with your adoption.

    ICLW #33

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there from ICLW!

    Woah there - you ARE a veteran! Wow. You just have to be the bravest woman ever. I bow in the shadow of your awesomeness.

    As an adoptee who very much got the parents she was supposed to get - I also bow in the shadow of your adoption awesomeness. It's going to be AMAZING and hopefully very, very soon - I can feeeeeel it.

    I'm also excited for the swimming part of Olympics. If for no other reason than the abs involved. ;)

    ReplyDelete