Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Beautiful Young Adults

I thought about posting about Mother's Day today and all the emotions I have rolling on in my head.

But I decided that I am not going to do that.  

Instead, I am going to share with you some photos that were taken last night.  Chris and I were honored to be invited to the pre-prom party for some of our swimmers.  I honestly got a little teary when I saw these amazing kids all dressed up for their prom.  We've known a few of these kids since they were 8- and all of them for the past five years.  We've seen them grow into such beautiful young adults- inside and out.  We've been blessed to be a part of their lives outside of the pool.  We've been welcomed into their families and been able to help nurture their spirits as well as their bodies in the pool.  We hope that one day our own children will be as successful, kind, intelligent, driven, and amazing as these young adults.

Two of these boys will be swimming at the Olympic Trials next month!  Their parents have become like family to us.  They've supported us in so many ways along our adoption journey and can't wait to spoil our child as their kids move onto college!

The famous pose these boys have to do with Chris.  I'm not even sure when it started or why.  We have this pose in just about every possible situation... but this is the first one in tuxedos!

Just a few of the beautiful ladies we've come to know through the crazy world of swimming.  It has been such an honor to see them grow and become beautiful inside and out!

Chris and Allie- We've known this young woman since she was a scrawny 8 year old.  She has blossomed into a such an amazing young woman. Thankful we've got one more year before she heads off to college.  Can't wait to see what her future holds! (And yes, it was a little chilly outside....)
 We are so very blessed.  While I am sad that we don't have the relationship we'd hoped for with our biological families, we are so thankful for the extended family we have with our swimmers and their families.  Another one of our former swimmers graduates from the University of Illinois today and several others in the coming weeks.  While it breaks my heart to know that we're still waiting for the opportunity to become parents. we are so proud to be a part of these young lives each and every day.  We also know that our future child will be loved by so many and can't wait to share the life experiences with our extended family. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing new to report on my last post.  I haven't done anything to get an answer.  Decided this weekend wasn't the time.  More on that later. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have so many wonderful people in your life. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's amazing how open your heart is, despite all the blows it has sustained. You are an incredible woman, Patience, to find joy, connection, pride and family in the young adults whose lives you are part of. Your children will be blessed by such amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Patience!!! You and Chris will forever be held in these young adults' hearts! You should be sooo proud of yourself for helping to shape who they are today...awesome!!

    ReplyDelete