Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

It's my Blogoversary!!!

It was nine years ago today that I first posted on an AOL journal.  Does anyone even remember those?  I was able to merge all of the posts over to blogger when AOL journals closed and moved to this blog a little over a year ago from my initial blogger site.  Nine years?  Who would have thought that I'd still be writing about infertility and we'd still be a family of just two?

Here is that very first post.  If I knew then what I know now.... I don't know if it would have been any different.  I think I would have become much more bitter and angry at a younger age for sure!  Even then I had my doubts it was going to work, but there was a glimmer of hope.  And just maybe, just maybe....there is a tiny little glimmer once again, today?

We're taking BIG STEPS with our adoption very soon.  But that's another post all together. 

In celebration of my nine years of rambling blogging, I'd like to do a little give away.  Now, bear with me as I have never done a give away of any sort here on my blog.  I know it's what all the cool kids do, so I'm going to give it a shot.  If you are here for ICLW, you are in luck!

So what am I giving away?  How about a set of handmade notecards?  One lucky commenter will win a personalized set of these from my etsy shoppe 


To enter, just leave a comment on this post.  Tell me what were you doing NINE years ago today- What was going on in your life?   I'll put all the comments in a hat and pull one out.  Be sure that you have a link to your blog or an email that I can contact you should you be the big winner.  Contest closes at the end of the weekend... let's say Sunday night at 9:00 CST.  (Let's just go with the 9 theme, ok?)

Let's hope that 9 years from now I am not still blogging about infertility.  Let's hope I'm focusing on raising our adopted child(ren).  Surely it won't take us another 9 years to realize that dream, right?

Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. Happy blogoversary!
    Hmmm, let's see... 9 years ago today I was living in Philly with a long term boyfriend, and apartment hunting because he had proposed and I'd realized I don't want to marry him. Ever.
    So I would say being happily married nine years later is progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogoversary Patience! 9 years is amazing in the bloggy world!

    So...9 years ago I had just moved to Pittsburgh for my full-time internship. I was finishing my doctorate and working at a hospital. I think my cat had just died, or was about to - some time in the end of September. It was a great time (learning so much) and a really hard time (loss of kitty, away from friends and my new love, who is now my DH). It seems like eons and eons ago. Amazing how life changes so much. If you had told me then I'd be a SAHM now, I would never have believed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary! I can't believe you've been doing the blog thing for nine years--I'm impressed!
    What was I doing nine years ago? Yikes. Oh yeah, I had just gone back to graduate school to get my advanced nursing degree. I met a lot of amazing friends in that program and it got me my career so even though I was completely overwhelmed for a while, it was a good thing :) Infertility was still far from my mind at that point...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on nine years of greatness!

    Nine years ago I was just starting a new relationship with my future husband. Lots has happened in nine years...

    Your notecards are beautiful. Anyone would be fortunate to receive them. Thanks for thinking of us on your special day.

    I wish you and your husband all the best on realizing your dream of becoming parents. I was adopted as a baby and would be more than happy to answer any questions (no advice, smile).

    Peace, Sarah
    swak50@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 9 years~ Congrats!
    Let's see... 9 years ago I was kind of in a "early-life crisis". I had graduated from nursing school, had gotten a good job right where I wanted to be, then realized it wasn't all I had dreamed about it being so I decided to quit nursing altogether. I was still living at home with my parents and single and wondering why my life wasn't turning out the way I had planned- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW. 9 years ago...I had just come back from a year abroad...I was definitely a little out of it. I was 22 and "finding myself". LOL. I don't miss those days, but I miss that metabolism! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats on your 9th blogoversary. That is fabulous. I'm sorry you are still dealing with infertility but am thrilled adoption might be happening soon.

    9 years ago today, my second son was approaching his 2nd birthday and we were getting ready to try and conceive again. Conceiving wasn't a problem. Staying pregnant was. That's when my infertility journey was starting.

    ICLW #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from ICLW! Wow 9 years! I just wrote a post on my blog about where I was 10 years ago. Check it out. http://infertileinafertileland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patience - what a cute idea for a contest! :) 9 yrs ago....hmmm...I was dating my husband, having fun with family and friends, living in my former home, taking daisymae to field to meet with the other dog people, becoming a Godmother, all the while, witnessing my friends have babies and thinking that that would be me someday, not knowing what was ahead. It's hard to look back sometimes. Things were overall better then, but I am working as hard as possible to have much happier times in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been doing this for 9 years!

    Wow! Happy Blogoversary!

    Nine years ago, I was in the final year of my MBA, was unmarried and well just a regular college student.

    Those cards are beautiful.


    iclw #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, nine years, congrats!
    Nine years ago I had been in Seattle for just over a week and was very homesick for London but excited for the months ahead. Little did I know God's plans would mean that I never fully went home and would end up in Seattle, married to the man of my dreams. Nine years ago I imagined it would be easy and simple to have a baby when the time came. Sometimes it would be nice to be back there - but then being here, in Seattle, slightly drowning in home study papaer work is not such a bad place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nine years - impressive! Nine years ago, I was one year into my first post-college job and a few months away from a car accident that made me decide to go to law school!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogoversary!!

    9 years ago I was in a deep funk, I had broken up with my ex of 5 years and thought my life was over and I would never be happy again. In 6 months I would see a friend in a whole new light. This man would become my best friend and my husband.

    Happy ICLW
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogoversary!!!

    9 years ago I was starting my 5th year of college. My BF/now DH had just left for college across the country. I was missing him and dealing with tons of friend issues.

    Happy ICLW
    #20

    ReplyDelete