Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost normal

Lab results are in from the final set of bloodwork I had done last week.

Everything came back normal.  No clotting issues.  No answers. 

The only thing that came back is that I have 1 copy of the MTHFR mutation, which my nurse tells me can't be the cause of our miscarriages.  I need to be on a higher dose of Folic Acid during pregnancy, but that's it.  She also said I am at a higher risk for coronary heart disease and need to have one more blood test done to rule out an issue there.  Isn't that just peachy?  No answers about our miscarriages and I might have a heart issue in the future!

Going to start on the folic acid now, even though we aren't in treatment.  We weren't in treatment this spring/summer when I got pregnant. One just never knows with these things, right? 

We are 110% committed to moving forward on the adoption path.  I have mixed emotions about these results, however.  I was really hoping to finally have some answers and some closure about the past 11 years.  But maybe having no answer is a type of closure after all?  There is literally nothing more to test for with CC.RM.  While I realize some people have gone down the immune path, that isn't for us at this time.

So now I am scared that I will once again get pregnant and have to endure yet another miscarriage.  Asked Chris if he would consider birth control.  He said no, and I can't say I'd really do it either.  I mean there are miracles all the time, right?

It's time to put all of the energy into our adoption now.  We're homestudy approved.  We just need to find our perfect match.  She has to be out there somewhere, right?  Someone who wants two parents like us?

Please let us finally find our missing piece.

6 comments:

  1. I know you were hoping for answers and I am sorry they didn't come. I got the same results when I had the RPL. I've been on folic acid since I had the MTHFR results. I've read several opinions on the MTHFR issue, and some people (way out there types I think) believe that it can cause miscarriages. I've asked about 4 different RE's about it and they say no, just as you were told. It's so frustrating.

    I really hope that you find your missing piece soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so frustrating when there are no answers. I have been told the same thing about MTHFR, I also have one copy. I am hoping and praying that your adoption plans begin to move forward and that you are matched with a family very soon. Much love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are miracles and I think you and Chris having weathered all this and having an even stronger respect and love for each other may just be one. Another miracle will be the child that is born and given to the two of you in order to have the best possible chance at a good, happy, loving, stable life. And yes, there is always the possibility that someday you may hold a child of your womb. Whatever comes with that I do know that you and Chris will be okay and will be amazing parents. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I am in some ways glad there is nothing serious wrong, it is so frustrating to not have any more answers. Ugh.

    I hope you find your missing piece soon too, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure you get the right kind of folic acid pill- folgard I think it is- It has an extra vitamin in there to help you process the folic properly. I was on it as a precautionary measure.

    I hear you, this waiting to fill the missing piece is really rough. It makes you wonder about the rest of the journey too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry it wasn't a concrete answer...and I, too, hope you find your missing piece, that piece that makes you whole.

    ReplyDelete