So i started thinking, as did Chris. That is never good thing.
Is there any chance that we might have just lost one? We transferred two embryos. Could a drop that significant (3,400 to 2,000 over 4 days- one day after the bleed) still mean we might have one? I have NO BLEEDING at all. NONE. NOTHING.
Am I grasping at straws? I am so torn at what to do at this point. Do I stay sedentary until we have results on Monday in the hopes that we still have some chance at a miracle? Or do I say screw it and go on with my activities? (Of course it is a GORGEOUS day here in Chicago today!)
2,000+ is still in the normal range for a pregnancy at this stage. (Thank you Dr. Google). But a drop is never a good thing.
Am I setting myself up here? Should I just accept the fact that this pregnancy is over? I know that I really won't know anything until Monday. Have I mentioned just how much I HATE BEING IN LIMBO?!
I actually had the same thought last night. I had a heavy bleed with clots during my second pregnancy, resigned myself to another miscarriage, but then we saw a heart beat on ultrasound the next day. We were stunned. Our RE at the time told us that we had miscarried a twin, but I have no lab work to back that up. Although we ended up losing that precious beating heart a couple of weeks later, the RE's explanation for all the bleeding does make sense. (Had we known about my immune issues at the time, maybe we would have had a chance.) You've done everything right, so I will hold out hope for you. Yes, you may end up disappointed on Monday, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping for the best. Nothing is certain in IF land, and it sure does suck, but if you guys can get out in the nice weather and do something relaxing, I would go for it. Take care...
ReplyDeleteI was thinking that too. I've seen it happen to a friend of ours who did IVF. She indeed lost a twin. There was an hcg drop and bleeding. I don't want to give you false hope. But it can happen.
ReplyDeleteI hope and pray for a miracle for you on Monday.
This is so funny, because it's exactly what I just said in my comment on your previous post (I hadn't refreshed my blog roll as I was getting caught up on all my buddies this morning.) So I don't think you are grasping at straws and I really, really hope that's the case. I have a friend who did IVF and ended up with one. But she had a big bleeding episode and they figured that was what happened. I'm sending you all the hope in the world!
ReplyDeleteIt's never bad to hope. I'm hoping things turn out to be ok.
ReplyDeleteI am just tuning in, and my heart hurts reading the past few posts. I am hoping so very much that only one embryo was lost. I do think it is possible, esp. since your HCG is in the appropriate stage for a singleton. I can't imagine the anxiety and hurt you must have been feeling over the past few days. I am thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI hope you and Chris got out, got some fresh air and were able to distract yourselves. i have been thinking of you all day {{{hugs}}} I tried to type what I want to say but it isn't coming out right....lossing one but still being pregnant. I think you know what I want to say because you know my heart. Bittersweet. Love you sweet one!
ReplyDeleteThis is exactly what I've been thinking, but didn't want to say it and get your hopes up. Since one of your embryos was a no-result, could it be that you just lost that one? That maybe it was actually abnormal? It's probably best to not think this way - I know you need to protect yourself. But I've been hoping and praying that this is the case!! I will be transferring 2, 2/3 grade blasts at CCRM in 3 weeks and you are my inspiration! I hope the weekend flies by quickly and Monday brings you some good news.
ReplyDeleteI'll hold out hope that this is what happened...I'm so sorry you're in limbo.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I don't know, but it sounds like others have heard of this happening - so I 'll jump on that hope train. Tomorrow can not come soon enough!!
ReplyDeleteI hope so...I really hope so.
ReplyDelete