Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Random Sunday Musings

It is a sunny day here in Chicagoland. I am stuck inside working on school stuff... IEPs and grading projects.  Only 4 more Sundays before I am on summer break. There is just something stressful about Sunday afternoon/evening during the school year. 

Thank you to those who posted comments on my last post.  I am at a relatively good place, but needed to get those emtions/feelings out.  That's why I started this blog years ago.  I also think the virtual community that blogs create are one of the truly amazing wonders of the modern world.  There is something to knowing that you are not alone in the world and that others are right where you are.  When I started on this journey almost a decade ago, there were a few message boards and email groups that saved my sanity.  Most of those women have moved on now, but I am forever grateful for the support they gave me.  Now that I am in the "advanced" stages of infertility, it is nice to be able to once again connect with those who have walked in shoes similar to mine.

I am once again waiting for AF to show... she is a constant pain in the neck.  She shows when I don't want her and never shows up when expected.  My first cycle after our BFN was 49 days (which happened to be right smack in the middle of our trip to St Lucia...nice!) I am now on CD #46. I am planning to start my two months of de.pot lup.ron once she shows up.  Talked to my nurse at CC.RM and she told me to take progesterone for 7 days and then I should get AF within a week.  I was all set to do that, until I have some spotting now.  So for now I will hold off.  Of course, timing is of course not going to be ideal again, but what else is new?!  With my luck, she will show just in time for DH's birthday on Tuesday.  Our "top secret" plan is to do the two months of Dep.ot Lup.ron and then do the FET with our remaining normal embryo and her "no result" sibling.  I am still not 100% committed to it yet.  But that is another story all together.  I do know that we will not be sharing the detials with many people at all this time.  Lesson learned from the FET in January.

The projects are grading themselves, so I guess I am going to have to suck it up and get to work. :( 

6 comments:

  1. Did you do depot lupron the last time? I think it's an excellent thing to do pre-lining. Have you also considered the endometrial biopsies before? Maybe I'm the only one who believes in this (!) but it was the only cycle we ever had implantation ever...and the research results seem really good but obviously not so good that everyone is doing them! Dr. M at CCRM agreed to let me try it and logically it makes sense why it might help. But maybe the depot pretty much does the same thing, or maybe there wouldn't be enough lining to irritate with a biopsy? I'm rambling now, sorry!

    At any rate, it's good to have a plan. And a good plan at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad that I found your blog. I have to do the depo-lupron too and would have jumped on the alternative treatment if CCRM gave it to me. But the side effects that you had to go through seems so horrifying! I have just started the MDL for my cycle. So far, I seem to be taking lupron well. (touch wood) But, I am shit scared abt depo-lupron. Its unbelievable... the things we do to have kids!! Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I just read the past several months you've gone through, and I'm so sorry it has been so tough.

    I did the depot lupron, and I really think it is how I ended up with my first BFP ever. I think that is a good plan for you. Did you ever do the e-tegrity test (which looks for the beta-3 protein, which the depot lupron then treats)? And don't be too scared about the depot lupron - yeah you'll be hot - but it is not so bad. Heck, what's one more thing after everything we have all been through?

    And GO CUBS! Yeah, this is not gonna be their year, but I smell house-cleaning for next year. At least I hope so. Lou needs to retire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about the N.ike+ sensor--I'll definitely look for it!

    Good luck with your next transfer! I'm expecting AF in the next week or so (okay I really have no idea) and I'll get to start the BCP's for my next FET in July. Maybe we'll be on a similar time-line?

    I hope the nasty witch shows up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see you next week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Thanks for commiserating with me. It's nice to be in good company, but I can think of MUCH better things than IF to have in common. Sheesh!

    I haven't read back far enough to see if you tried any REs in Chicagoland before going to CCRM. I am currently leaving my RE in Naperville/Schaumburg but haven't decided where to go next.

    Also, as controversial as it can be, I'm wondering if you've pursued any immunological testing that might help identify ways to enhance implantation. I went through testing with a RE in Evanston, and she did identify one issue that no one else had caught. Just a thought.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete