Two weeks from today we will be on a jet plane on our way to Colorado. The last two weeks have been draining and I am sure the next two weeks won't be easy either.
I started the Vi.velle patches on Sunday. These nice little stickers are placed on my abdomen and are used to stimulate the creation of a nice lining for my embryos. Right now I am only using one at a time, but starting next week I increase until I have 4 on. I don't know how I will find space for them all. I am happy to report that I have not had a bad skin irritation like I expected... at least yet. I do have the lovely side effect of a rotten headache that feels like I am wearing a helmet that is too tight. It makes concentrating on anything for any period of time a real challenge.
Honestly, I am simply going through the motions every day. I am trying not to obsess about the transfer and the outcome. That is easier said than done. On one hand, it seems like it will be an eternity until we are in Colorado, but on the other hand I can't believe it is only two weeks away. We've been working towards this transfer for FOUR YEARS. I have so much riding on this. I have allowed myself to hope that this might really work. I honestly don't know how I will deal with things if this doesn't work. I have already told my counselor that I am concerned about my well being if we get a negative at the end of this. I just don't know if I am strong enough to recover from that. Let's hope I don't have to find out.
I go into the local clinic on Saturday morning for my first set of blood work. They will check to make sure that my body is absorbing the estrogen from the patches. I am not worried... at this point. I have never had an issue in the past, but this is the first time I have used the patches instead of oral medications. The big appointment is next Saturday where I will have an u/s to check to see if my lining has grown to the appropriate thickness and appearance. As long as things look good there, we will be on for transfer. I will start progesterone once my lining is checked. Then we are off to Colorado.
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend and a three day weekend. :)
so hard to concentrate with so much on your mind! I am always thinking about you these days and cannot wait to see how it goes for you. I have really good feelings. That being said, you ARE strong enough no matter the outcome! You are SO strong! I don't think you would have taken this step if you weren't! It was a hard step to take!! Talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete