Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Five Months with Photos


How is it possible that my little man is already five months old? Each day I think it can't be possible to more in love with him, and each day I fall more in love. My heart is so full knowing that his birthmom chose us and has entrusted us with this little soul. Makes all the heartache worth it and all the drama in life seem silly.

He's continue to grow like a weed, and is in the 90+ percentile range for height, weight, and head circumference.  I am guessing he's over 20lbs now and 28 inches long.  He's in 6-9 month clothes now, mostly on the 9 month end.  He's eating 6 ounces at a time, and is starting to embrace rice cereal for one meal a day.  He's decided he prefers the organic brand over the Gerber brand I originally bought.  He's sleeping through the night and goes down around 8 each night.  He wakes up once in the early morning sometimes, and a few times has woken up when Chris came home from work.  

We celebrated Chris' first Father's Day.  He had a meet, but stayed home to spend a quiet morning with us.  It was emotional to finally be able to see Chris celebrate this day.  :)  


We also took our first trip as a family... along with 20 teenagers!  It was an adventure, but Quinn was a great little traveler!  He did really well on the plane and the change in routine.  He was NOT a fan of the ocean, however.  We think it was just a little too cold and the waves were a little scary.  


We're trying to soak up as much summer as we can.  I have a really short summer this year due to a changing school schedule.  It makes me sad, but I keep reminding myself that next summer will be even more important as Quinn will be older and more ready to have adventures with mommy.  

Quinn also ran in his first 5k on the fourth!  Chris wanted to register him so he would get his own bib, but I talked him out of that.  :)  Quinn and daddy finished in 29:15- not too shabby for their first race together.  Mommy walked it... I really need to get back into running.



Quinn thinks that our yellow lab Romeo is just about the funniest thing out there.  He's laughing all the time, and we can already see that Romeo and Quinn are going to be trouble in the years to come! Romeo has even been known to do a little tummy time right along with Quinn.  


Our Blackhawks also had some excitement... winning the Stanley Cup.  We like to think that Quinn brought a little bit of luck to them!  :)

I know I say this every month, but I am hoping to blog more.  I miss the support and insights from all you wise women out there.  Lots of parenting questions... and even more adoptive parenting questions.  Hoping that a post is coming soon!



 

5 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to read your updates, Patience, whenever you post them. And it's nice to know that you aren't blogging because you are taking care of YOUR BABY. That makes me smile a big wide grin.
    Little Quinn is beautiful. I love his wide inquisitive eyes. What a lucky boy to have such great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, he is so cute. Glad you are enjoying him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun little adventures--kudos to you for taking him on a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable. Love seeing the updates - wish there were more but I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your updates and to see all the pictures. Quinn is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete