My sweet boy is three months old as of yesterday. It seems like the blink of an eye and an eternity all at once. It seems like he's always been here, and we're still pinching ourselves that we're finally holding our miracle.
His little personality is really starting to shine through. He is almost always a happy little guy, but Monday nights seem to be his fussiest time. I think it's the transition back to the work week, and let's face it- we're all a little cranky on Mondays, right? He's smiling all the time now, and it just about melts my heart when he smiles at me when Chris and I do the hand off in the afternoon. He is also talking and chatting away all the time. He makes the most adorable little faces as he talks.
No official stats this month since we don't see the pediatrician this month. From mommy's measurements, he's already over 16 lbs and 25 inches. He's a big boy, and we love every single inch of him! He's growing and changing and is so very healthy. He's eating 4-6 ounces at a time and ranges from 2-4 hours between feedings. We're still feeding on demand and not forcing a schedule on him just yet. This is the philosophy of our pediatrician, and from the research I've done, we are 110% on board with it. He sleeps for at least 6 hours most nights, and usually closer to 7 or 8.
He also has his first cold, which is making mommy and daddy a little freaked out. It's causing him to spit up more than usual, and is also making mommy freak out a little. He doesn't seem bothered much at all by any of it!
Now that the weather is nice, we've been on several walks with my friends and their little ones. He's also been on a few runs with Daddy. We bought a running stroller over the weekend and know that he and daddy will have lots of quality time with that! He still loves bath time and Chris plans to get him in a larger body of water- aka the full bathtub this month. No chlorine until 6 months, so swim lessons will have to start in the tub!
We had a shower with our swim team families and the decorations were adorable. The tweens made the signs, and we loved them! We have two more showers, and are feeling very blessed with everyone wanting to share in our joy! I'm woefully behind in thank you notes, and coming to the realization that it may be summer vacation before I can get them all out. I finally got his birth announcements out. I was waiting to see how things would fall with M before I did. (That's another post in of itself!)
I had a fabulous first Mother's Day and was spoiled by my boys. I have a shiny new Pand.ora bracelet that will be a treasure for years to come. We also celebrated Chris' upcoming 40th birthday with a surprise party last weekend. Lots going on this month... and even more in the month to come!
I sent my monthly update email to Q's birthmom and she always replies right away. Makes my heart sing to get her responses. We truly are blessed and hope that some day she will be ready for a more open adoption. For now, we honor her wishes and send monthly email updates.



Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you're all so happy and that it is going so well. It just gets more and more amazing.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Thanks for sharing the pics and that is awesome about the showers!
ReplyDeleteI'm also so happy to hear you do have contact with Quinn's birth mother--somehow I had missed that. I think that is so great for all of you :)
That is one adorable baby - but you already knew that right?
ReplyDeleteAwe!! So so cute!! You look like you are on Cloud 9...my heart is so happy for you...
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cute and happy little guy!
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE this update. Sorry it took so long to post a comment, Patience. I'm glad little Q is doing so well. And glad that his parents are doing well too.
ReplyDelete