My dear friend Beverly is hosting an auction for me on her Facebook Page. We're managing it together, but given the fact that I have a 3 week old (wow- that still seems surreal to write!) and M could go into labor any day, we decided that having it on her FB page was the way to go.
The last auction was for Valentine's day and we raised just over $500! We're hoping to exceed that amount with this auction. Quinn's adoption is an amazing unexpected miracle, but comes with unexpected legal and agency fees we hadn't budgeted for.
Beverly and I have some really talented friends who have donated items. I'll be adding some items of my own very soon.
If you are on FB, please take a look at the auction here. You can bid by leaving a comment. Please also feel free to share the link on your FB wall or blog too. Auction will end on Thursday at 8:00 CST.
Here's Quinn modeling a tie dye onesie... two of these pieces of art are up for auction!

My goodness, Quinn is absolutely adorable. Good luck with the auction!
ReplyDeleteI think it's wonderful to have adoptees, but the auction seems to put a bad taste in my mouth. I am very sorry, but if you can't handle the expenses now, what happens when they only get worse. I've very sorry again, but a lot of us are on tight budgets without having two adopted children tossed into the mix.
ReplyDeleteThat is ridiculous she is talking about legal fees and the financial cost of an adoption and especially an unexpected one.
ReplyDeleteYou go patience and auction away! I am inspired by you and Chris and these boys are very lucky!