I feel like it's been forever since I posted updates here. We've had some ups and downs with M, but we are at a good place right now. I'm still struggling with our agency, but thankful for our attorney and her guidance.
M has asked to see our nursery. And honestly, I think it is a valid request in so many ways. There's just one problem- we don't have a nursery just yet. Her request was the catalyst we needed to get the ball rolling. It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time!
Last weekend I stopped at Ta.rget to pick up a few items for the auction and I braved a stroll through the baby department. Imagine my surprise when I saw that they were changing the department over and that there was an entire aisle of items on clearance... including the Bri.tax infant car seat I'd decided on. I immediately texted Chris, and we decided to buy it. We figure that no matter what, we'll need an infant car seat, and this is the one that I had decided I wanted. It was like an out of body experience making that purchase and bringing it home.
I also texted my good friend Abi who is due around the same time M is to let her know about the great deals they had. She is registered there- and many of her items have now been clearanced. She called me on Saturday to let me know she got her crib at another Tar.get location on a great sale. I decided to make the trip to another Tar.get to check on the crib I was coveting. It was there... and... half off!!!! So, we made the giant leap and bought it.
Holy cow.....
We now own....
a car seat....
and....
a crib!
We're making progress. I think I have found a home for the trundle bed that currently lives in the nursery. I know it would be great to have in there, but there simply isn't room. And I don't want clutter in there. I've pretty much decided on a dresser from Ikea that will also serve as a changing table. We selected a glider and put it on our.... registry.
Yep, that's the other giant leap. We now have a public baby registry on both Ama.zon and Babies R Us. Chris may have gone a little nutso with the scanner at BRU, but we actually enjoyed the experience.
I'm feeling hopeful. And terrified.
Lots more to share... but I'll stop here for tonight.
On another note, thank you for all who supported our adoption auction. We ended up raising just over $500! It was a wonderful experience and my friends are already talking about doing one for Easter. I'll share some details about how I set it up for anyone who might be interested in doing one for themselves.
That is so exciting, making those purchases!! I am so happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteScary and exciting, indeed.
ReplyDeleteOf course you bought a crib and a car seat. You are going to NEED these items when you have a baby in the next month or two!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you took the leap. For me, taking those leaps has helped it all feel more real.
I always look forward to your updates. Glad all is well.
So exciting! I remember how crazy it felt when we ordered our nursery furniture and created a registry. Now I just purchased another crib for baby #2! Eek!
ReplyDeletewow this is so exciting that things are moving forward!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow. So many exciting things. I can't wait for March...and pics of your nursery!
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo excited for you! Its about time you got a break on something...and deals/breaks on cribs and car seats is the cherry on top!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you, Patience. This is one lucky baby!
ReplyDeleteIsen't it wonderful! So excited for you!
ReplyDelete