Our lives are full of so many people who are so excited to help us welcome our little miracle in 2013. We've been showered with gifts towards our adoption fund that have brought Chris and I to tears. We know that there are so many people who are are supporting us in every way that matters. We don't have a traditional family support system, but we are so amazingly blessed with a family of friends who love and cherish us. Each person we've shared our exciting news with has been so happy for us and has offered whatever support we need.
I've been aching for this sense of peace for so long. I can only imagine the magnitude of the feelings once we have a little one in our arms. So, my dear friends, I am fully jumping in. I am going to let go and just hope and believe that all of our struggles and loss have brought us to the moment we hold our little one. And for this moment, I am going to believe with all my heart that will finally be possible in late March.
We spent a wonderful Christmas Eve with our very close friends.
![]() |
| Chris and I on Christmas Eve. |
![]() |
| Chris with Maddi & Dante |
![]() |
| Romeo really wants to open his stocking! |
Today I am enjoying my first real day of Winter Break. Doing a little cleaning, catching up on the DVR, snuggling with Romeo, and basking in the glow of this feeling of Peace.
Wishing you all a sense of peace as we close out 2012.



What a great picture of you guys! So happy to hear that you're feeling good. Continuing to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteLove that peace has entered your heart this Christmas, love you!
ReplyDeleteLove this post Patience! Hugs to you....and all the best for 2013! I know I am putting all my wishes there too!
ReplyDeleteOh you sooooo deserve this! This post brings me immense joy! Countdown to March 2013 is on!!
ReplyDeletePatience, this is why I admire you so much. Despite so many obstacles, so much hardship, you manage to keep your heart open. You allow for life to still bring you joy and peace. And because of that, when joy and peace show up in your life, you experience them fully. To me, that's what being alive is all about. I am not good at it myself, but I admit that I take much inspiration from you.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you found peace this Christmas, and that you could be hopeful about your child finally arriving home in the next few months. Happy New Year, my friend.
Hi Patience, I found your blog on LFAC and wanted to offer my encouragement for you for this next adventure you are on. I look forward to following you!
ReplyDeleteI'm consequently delighted that you simply discovered serenity this kind of Christmas time, and you could possibly be confident regarding your little one finally turning up house within the next couple of months. Happy New Year, my buddy.
ReplyDeleteBuy Diablo 3 Gold
Runescape 2007 Gold
World of Warcraft Gold