Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Widening our Horizons

Thank you for your kind words on my last post.  Thinking of all the hopeful dads to be out there today.  Chris is off at a swim meet today.  It's called the "Father's Day Meet" so I can only imagine how hard it will be for him.  He's also battling a nasty cold right now- so please send some extra nice thoughts his way today.

We've decided to broaden our marketing a little bit this week.  We're taking a leap of faith with a newer website and company called adoptimist.com.  They have a free profile plan which we started with but we've decided to take the plunge and become premium members.  We've been happy with the support we've had so far.  Most of the families there are from states that pa.rent.profi.les won't work with.  So, I am hopeful that they will start to take off.  They are not affiliated with any agency or website and brand themselves as an adoption technology marketing firm.   They will also be working with us to develop our own go.ogle ad campaign. 

You can view our profile on their website here.

As you know, I've always been resistant to our attorney's urging to use print ads.  I am really excited about this opportunity and hopeful that we will get our information to the woman who will change our lives soon.  We had another three calls to our 888 number last month.  Chris feels we should stick with our print ads in the Thrifty Nickel papers as well, since we seem to get one call from each area we have ads.  However, nothing has come from any of these calls.  I texted our attorney again this week.  She tells me that she is sending lots of our profiles out, but we are not being chosen.  I've asked her if she is getting any feedback as to why we are not being chosen.  I haven't heard back.  I did ask her that if so many profiles are going out, she must need more soon.  We gave her 30 originally, so I'd really like to know how many she has left.  I want to trust what she tells me.  Really, I do. 

So, for now I'm  continuing to tweak our website.  I've started to tweak our paper profile too hoping that I'll get some feedback from our attorney.  I've updated some photos and used some of the feedback you all gave me on the website for the paper profile. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have a crazy week ahead.  It's the last week of summer school... thank goodness!  Reminding myself every day that the reason I am doing this all is to help pay our attorney fees.  That's what gets me up each and every morning.  I also need to finish a few projects for a coworkers wedding on Saturday.  My good friends Abi & Dago are also getting married on Friday night.  I'm so excited for this wedding as I adore both of them and can't wait to spend the night celebrating with our coworkers.  We spent yesterday creating the placecards, favor tags, and table numbers for the wedding.  It was fun to be able to use my creative talents for such a good cause.  :) I'll be sure to share photos.

We also head to Omaha on Saturday morning for the Olympic Trials.  Like 8:30 am flight.  As of right now, the plan is that I won't sleep until we get on the plane.  We'll see.  I need to pack for 10 days away from home by Thursday since Friday will be all about the wedding.  Yikes!  Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are looking into more options--it can only help! You sound super busy--have a great time on your trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the more places you advertise, the better, especially online. Cast a wider net, catch more fish.

    Have fun at the wedding and in Omaha - good luck to all your swimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the plan of broadening your horizons. Casting a wider net increases the likelihood of reaching the woman you want to reach. Oh, where is she? I hope you will find each other soon, and will be in a match. I will be doing the dance of joy on that day, dear friend.
    Sounds like you have a fun and excitement-packed week ahead. Nice the summer school is ending and that you have fun things planned. I hope you dance your heart out at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all of this extra exposure will get you chosen soon. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely think this is a positive move. I am hoping the attorney is being very proactive, maybe she even made copies at her office. Yay for the end of summer school!! Promise to chat this week so we have a plan for creative action when you get back from Omaha. Thought of Chris several times today, we lifted him up in prayer during a Father's Day conversation at lunch. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoping these changes bring your closer to your baby.
    I also hope yesterday was bearable for Chris.
    Love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear that you guys are expanding your horizons. I think the more marketing, the better. It seems like it will never happen... until it does. :) Happy ICLW by the way!

    ReplyDelete