While we were not successful at CC.RM, we were given a true love. It seems that both Chris and I have fallen in love with the great state of Colorado. We daydream of one day moving out there. I'd like to at least be able to take a nice long vacation to visit all of the beauty that the state has to offer. How many people can say that they've been to Colorado FOUR times and not witnessed much of its beauty? I did get to take in the sunshine and the amazing landscapes- from the window of various hotel suites while on bedrest!
What brought on this longing for the great state of Colorado you might ask?
This text from my husband did:
| "Wouldn't it suck to wake up to this every morning?" |
All joking aside, I am thrilled for him. One of our very talented swimmers was asked to attend the National Select Camp at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. As part of the program, they ask the coach to come with the swimmer and participate in some advanced coaching clinics. It's an amazing opportunity for both our swimmer and Chris. He's staying at the training center and working with the same staff that trains our Olympic team. The food is apparently amazing too- all provided by the nutritionists/chefs employed by the OTC. He has already learned so much and has another two days of training still to come. He and our swimmer even got the chance to go see a few sites before the camp started on Thursday.
| Our swimmer looking very serious within the Olympic Rings |
So for now, I am experiencing some of the wonders of Colorado through the text messages and emails from Chris. While there are no vacation plans in our near future due to our adoption costs, I hope to one day very soon be able to see those mountains and sunshine again with my own eyes. I want to make some new memories of the Centennial State. Hopefully it will be one of our first family vacations and my new memories will involve sharing our love of the state with our child.
I have been to Colorado only once, for a workshop at Naropa in Boulder, and my thoughts and feelings about the place are similar to what you describe here. It is a BEAUTIFUL place! I hope you get to go there for a vacation soon. With your child.
ReplyDeleteI love the new look of your blog, Patience. It is so lovely! Excited to read that you are feeling hopeful and positive about the adoption.
Sending hugs, my friend.
A and I always talk about how we loveCO too! So happy to hear you so hopeful and I love the new log look!
ReplyDeleteColorado has some amazing beauty, and it can be very healing. We went to Rocky Mountain National Park twice when we were there, and one time was the day after our horrific fertilization report. I think it helped us heal or at least recover from some of the trauma. I think I could live in Boulder for sure :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny, because my DH and I often say how some day we would like to go back to Colorado too for a "real" vacation. I've lost count of how many times we've been there now, without really doing too much sight-seeing.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful opportunity for Chris! Sorry you couldn't join him this time.