Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random thoughts from a 1 dog house...

Adjusting to life with only one dog.  This morning was really tough, and I still keep thinking she'll be coming around the corner at any point.  It totally changes my morning routine and tonight is the first time I am home alone without her.  She needed lots of attention in the past few months, so it's strange not to worry about getting her outside all night.  Romeo seems a little depressed- but I bought him some tennis balls and he is happily shredding one as I type this. 

Today was the first day of the mandatory state testing.  I HATE this test.  My students are required to take the grade level test, even though they are reading 3 grade levels below and have IDENTIFIED DISABILITIES.  This is the test that the state bases just about everything on, so the stakes are high and tension is thick.  I only had one student in tears today, so I guess I can call it a success.  This is also the first time I am giving the tests without an aide, which is VERY tough when you have one in tears and you need to read the test to the rest of the class.  (I can read the math test to them, since it is all word problems, but can't read the reading test at all.)  It's just a stressful time for these kids.  I rant about the test each year, so I won't go into any more detail tonight.  :)


Just a quick running update (mostly for myself to keep track!)  I haven't run since last Thursday, which is WAY too long between.  Now that I am not having to rush home for a sick puppy, I am hoping to be on a more regular schedule.

Week 3 Day 1 (90s run, 90 s walk, 3min run, 3 min walk, x2)
1.26 miles
Hallways at school (oh, how I can't wait to be able to run outside!)

Need to do some housework as I have neglected it since Patches became very ill.  I can't bring myself to clean up her bowl, so for now I will just clean around it.

Off to give Romeo some extra attention tonight. 

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for you loss, I just saw your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about Patches. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad for you - I can imagine how empty the house must feel, even with Romeo there. I just had to take my kitty back to the hospital for a few days, and don't know if he'll be coming home or not. I just cleaned up his bowls and it was very sad. Hopefully you can get your mind off of things with your running - that is very impressive.
    Thinking of you and sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sorry to see your news about patches. that is heartbreaking...and to have to go to work the next day. i am hoping that romeo will give you some comfort during this time. i'm sure he is feeling it, too. so sad. patches was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss of your fur-baby. I know how much it hurts. Please know I am thinking of you. ((cyber hugs))

    ReplyDelete