Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Mountain Sunrise

There is just nothing like watching the sunrise over the mountains. Makes me wonder why I choose to live in the flattest part of the country. Each time we visit Colorado, we say we could move here. Maybe someday we will, who knows! Today we leave the beauty of Colorado and close this chapter of our lives for now. Hopefully we will make it back here someday for a true vacation with our children.

I am feeling cautiously optimistic today. I am trying to keep that positive thinking in check, though. I am trying to remember the pain of the last FET as a reminder that things sometimes don't work out. But then I think about the changes we made for this cycle and the positive aspects of it all. I want this to work more than anything. I also need to protect myself. It's as if I am walking a tightrope right now. If I lean too far to the positive, I might fall. If I lean to the negative, I will fall too. It's a delicate balance. Thank goodness I only have to keep my balance for a week.

To add to the crazy "signs" we've had here in Denver- Last night Chris and I went to PF Changs for dinner. (Love me some lettuce wraps!) We had a nice dinner and really talked about where we go from here. That's another post all together. We got the bill and our fortune cookies. Here's what mine said, " Welcome to the change that will soon be coming to your life" and Chris' said "Remember three months from this date! Your lucky star is shining." Who knows what that could mean... And let's be honest, fortune cookies can be interpreted to mean anything...

Maybe there is some symbolism to that mountain sunrise. The mountains are strong and powerful forces, but the sunshine always comes over them, blanketing them in the golden light. Is it finally time for us to see the light over the mountains?

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Patience! I wish I was at your stage right now - just ready to move on to whatever. I know you want this to work out - so do I...for you and for me - but I SOO look forward to being able to move on. I too live in the flattest part of Canada and while touring around CO during the Labour Day weekend both A and I said we could definitely move to CO too. Praying for the happy ending you and Chris yearn for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strap in the for roller coaster of this 2ww (8dw??) - it is just like you said - a balancing act. I am very hopeful for you and Chris both. And I love the signs, those fortune cookies were perfect. I hope you saved them to hang in the nursery! :)

    Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fortune cookies!! I hope they come true with the best news of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool, It sounds like the fortunes from your fortune cookies were written just for you! I so hope that one day you & Chris will be vacationing in Colorado with your children & pointing out CCRM to them as the special place that helped mommy & daddy make them. I wish I could make the 2ww go faster for you. I have everything crossed for good news next week.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you made it home safely! The fortune cookies are great, and the thought of watching the sunrise over the mountains sounds beautiful. I hope you are able to return soon with an expanded family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got goosebumps from the fortunes... can you even imagine what an amazing story that is!?!?!?! Thinking about you guys... I cannot imagine the balancing act of emotion the next few (and last few weeks) are for anyone in this position!!! Talk to you later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this is the time you see the light over the mountains. I am thinking of you as always.

    ReplyDelete