Just got off the phone with the RE. He actually said he has NO IDEA why it didn't work. The top freaking Dr in the country and he has no idea why we can't get pregnant. I think that is what makes me the maddest off all. There is NO REASON why this failed. I have been saying for years if I could just get a clear cut reason as to why this doesn't work I could walk away. I could accept defeat.
He was very kind, and I honestly felt like he was disappointed in our results. I didn't feel rushed while talking with him and he answered all of my questions. I really felt that he honestly had no idea why it didn't work for us. When I asked, he said that I could do the depot lupron before we consider another FET. I also asked about doing a biopsy the month before the transfer, and he also said that he would consider that. The theory is that the injury to the lining is then repaired the next month and extra growth protein is emitted into the uterine lining the next month. There is a study that was done in Israel on this.
I flat out asked if he thought it was an egg issue... and he said no. He didn't even mention an egg donor at this point. He reminded me that I had the best cycle ever and ended up with 7 blasts in the end. The only change he would make if I did another fresh cycle would be to decrease my dosage sooner so that I didn't have to coast as long. I didn't ask about a surrogate... guess I don't even want to go there yet. I did ask about a structural issue, and he assured me that when he looked at my uterus, everything is NORMAL.
So here we are. $20,000 lighter and no closer to having a baby.
There are no words left. That is so frustrating and upsetting that the dr has no information for you. I am very familiar with the study from Israel, in fact my local RE does it and would be happy to share any info with you if you desire. I agree, that you need and deserve the time off work to focus on yourself before you can be "on".
ReplyDelete