Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hump Day!

Well here I am... more than half way through the first week back!  I had to do a little cramming for class tonight since I really did in fact take three weeks OFF from grad school and didn't do any homework.  :)  I am just as bad as my students I suppose...except I am able to get things done when I really need to!

It is snowing again tonight, and I must admit I am happy about it.  The snow had mostly melted from the blizzards before Christmas and the yard was just looking dirty and icky.  Now it is all covered in pretty white snow again... that is until the dogs start playing in it.

In my grad school class tonight we talked a great deal about writing and I know this is the area where I struggle the most as a teacher.  It is an area I am not very confident in both personally and professionally. I am hoping to get some new tools to be a better writing teacher through this program.  I used to write daily in a journal and felt that I was building my skills as a writer.  I think that has always been one of the underlying goals of keeping a blog- not only keeping a log of my daily life, but also working on my writing and vocabulary.  So... for now I am going to try to write here every day. I am hoping that I will have some enlightening things to say some days... but I am guessing that most days will be like tonight when I really don't have much to say.  :-)

Ok... off to do some homework for next week (or play on facebook!)  I have included a photo of the dogs the past two days... so here is our kitty, Simba who is a Cubs fan of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment