Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Chicago Marathon 2008

Once again Chris made me very proud...

 
Once again the weather was less than ideal... this time way too hot to run 26.2 miles, but he did it!  He had really hoped to finish under four hours, but ended up finishing in 4 hours, 10 minutes.  He is happy with his time considering the heat and the many people who didn't even finish.
I was lucky enough to have some friends with me through the day chasing him across the city!  
 
We were able to see him at 3 miles, 11 miles, and the finish.  I had really hoped to see him one more time, but we wanted to see Steph, one of his swimmers that he has trained with.  Her pace was slower than Chris' so I ended up missing him at 16.5 where I had hoped to see him.  But it was fun, and HOT for us as well.  I didn't plan well and wore jeans... way too hot for the day!  I intended to put on my Nike+ on my ipod to track how much walking I did, but forgot.  I figure I walked at least 10 miles over the course of the day.  Not 26.2, and not running, but still a lot of walking for me!  :-)
Chris gave me a little scare at the finish as he couldn't keep anything down... not even water. 
 
He is must better today and is only moderatly sore...not nearly what he was last time he ran it.  He trained really hard this time, so I think it all paid off.
Here he is coming up to the finish.  I think this is my favorite photo of the day:

Last time he ran, I didn't take more than a single photo.  This time I handed off my camera to a friend who took almost all of these photos.  I am so thankful!

My fall break is just about over... It has been nice to have some time with Chris, but now I must go back to reality.  I am glad that I had Thursday, Friday, and Today off... Saturday and Sunday were packed with the Marathon and there is no way that I would have been able to jump right back into work.  Now I need to go write a paper and grade some papers...

2 comments:

  1. run for four hours...wow! doesn't sound like fun to me...but good for Chris!! Are there any marathons in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Chris! And heck yea, Patience, TEN miles!!!...I don't care if it's running, walking or on a bike, THAT is exercise girl! I love, love, love your new blog layout and color ...pyzam rocks!

    ReplyDelete