Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Role Reversal

So mom is now the proud owner of two new knees....

It is really strange to be the caregiver for a parent. It is one of those times where I really don't want to be the "adult" KWIM? I love her very much and it is so hard to see her in pain and uncomfortable. I have had to advocate for her and her care with doctors and nurses over the past few days. I have spent hours at the hospital. I have had to calm my dad's frustrations with the medical staff. I have had to calm my grandmother and assure her that everything was going to be alright. I have had to worry about my mom.... worry if she is ok, worry if she is comfortable, worry if she is eating, etc.... It is just hard.

I am taking today off... at least from going to the hospital. It's Chris' birthday so I am hoping we can have a nice dinner just the two of us. We'll see. I did have 33 balloons delivered to him at work. I haven't heard if they made it to him yet... Things are tight right now, so I can't do much as far as presents go. So I had to make an impact somehow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope your mom's recovery is uneventful.

    Happy belated birthday to Chris :) Hope he liked the balloons!

    ReplyDelete